hi all, if i am using the ECS run executor and wan...
# deployment-ecs
k
hi all, if i am using the ECS run executor and want a specific job to use a different image, for example “golang:latest” (i know this is a dumb example) how would i specify that image name and tag? is it somewhere in the
@job
decorator? or is this even possible?
d
Hey Kyle - we don't currently have great support for this with the EcsRunLauncher, it assumes that it will use the same image that was used to load the code originally. If that would be a useful feature for you to vary it per-job would it be possible to file a feature request issue?
k
sure where would you like me to do that?
d
k
i’d be happy to contribute as well if you want to point me in the right direction
d
I think this one might have some trickiness to it (particularly if the image isn't a Python image, not sure how intentional that was in your example)
k
was a bad example, we’d only be using python based images at my company
would having multiple code repositories each with a different image be the current path to doing something like i’m talking about?
or does the executor work off of the daemon’s docker image at the moment
d
Yeah multiple code locations would work today for doing this
and is probably the first thing we'd recommend
k
cool i’ll look into that in the short term
d
k
yeah that’s what i’m going to do
currently our deployment is only a single code location, but it seems like having multiple is a good separation eventually anyways
thanks for the help! [here](https://github.com/dagster-io/dagster/issues/10987) is that feature request. happy to adjust as needed 🙂
condagster 1