Does the Software Defined Assets API support cross-repo dependencies?
• i.e. Could a job B defined in repo B have assets that are downstream of assets defined in job A in repo A?
◦ In this example, we are using OSS Dagster following the Helm deployment referenced in these Docs.
◦ What if repos A and B live under different User Code Deployments?
• Are you able to reference an asset in another repo by the asset key?
• Within Dagit, can you visualize cross-repo dependencies in the Global Asset Lineage view?
I've seen https://docs.dagster.io/concepts/assets/software-defined-assets#defining-external-asset-dependencies, but wanted to clarify on some of the nuances above
dagster bot responded by community 1
12/09/2022, 10:07 PM
the answer to all your questions is "yes",
does exactly that. If another repo defines an actual asset with the same key, they will be mapped to a single asset.