Is there a way to multi-tag / multi-label assets ?...
# ask-community
b
Is there a way to multi-tag / multi-label assets ? • Asset A - Group 1, Group 5 • Asset B - Group 1, Group 4 • Asset C - Group 5, Group 3 • Asset D - Group 2, Group 4, Group 1 So Data Lineage View of Group 1 shows - Asset A --> Asset B --> Asset D
c
hey - unfortunately there’s no support for assets being in multiple groups at this time
b
Hey Thanks Chris, just out of curiosity is it even feasible to support it in future? Is such overview useful for people ? because I have lot of cross cutting models which I would want to isolate for differnt flows
at least for data lineage and inspection purpose
c
Gonna defer to a @sandy on roadmapping stuff there, a bit out of the loop on that
s
@Binoy Shah a couple thoughts here: • if you go to the lineage tab, you can see asset lineage in a way that spans groups • you have have overlapping jobs - i.e. multiple jobs can target the same assets
b
I'm not doing explicitly multi jobs targeting the same asset.. but I do have DBT models which are shared across different jobs/asset dependencies..so indirectly that cross reference is established
I have a mono-repo for all DBT models with
source
assigned so lot of DBT implicit jobs reuse the Assets
e
same here. I want to schedule updates according to tags(group/label?). example: assets with tag1: update at 9am assets with tag2: update at 3pm