I'm getting a "Join the Dagster community" popup e...
# ask-community
s
I'm getting a "Join the Dagster community" popup every time I load the dagit UI. Is there a way to prevent this?
d
Hey Stefan - is the popup persisting even if you press Skip? If should go away forever as soon as you press Skip - if it isn't, we'll investigate that if there are any more details you can provide, but you can also disable it permanently by putting this in your dagster.yaml:
Copy code
nux:
  enabled: false
s
Thanks for the response, @daniel. It seems to be coming up each time, but I suspect it's because I'm running dagit in a guest browser session as part of development, so maybe cookies are not being stored. I'll try the
dagster.yaml
solution.
d
there are actually two separate checks, one in the browser and one that writes to your filesystem (either in your DAGSTER_HOME folder if you have that environment variable set, or at ~/.dagster/.nux if you don't have it set) - if either of those are possible to set i would still expect it to be hidden. The browser one not working makes sense - Maybe the filesystem is also not writable in your dev setup, or you're using a different DAGSTER_HOME value for each session?
s
I run everything in docker containers, even in dev (because I have other non-python dependencies) and so the filesystem is ephemeral generally speaking.
But thank you for the tips. I've got something to work with!
👍 1
g
@daniel what is nux used for? When is it safe to disable it?
d
it is safe to disable it, it controls the popup described in this post
g
I'm getting this one:
Because i mount a configmap in my k8s pods to the dagster home.
And configmap mounts are read only...
it is safe to disable it, it controls the popup described in this post
Thank you!
d
ok, let us know if that goes away after disabling it
g
@daniel yes, it went away.