I am searching for something like the dagster_clou...
# deployment-kubernetes
g
I am searching for something like the dagster_cloud.yaml approach: https://docs.dagster.io/dagster-cloud/deployment/agents/kubernetes/configuration-reference#per-location-configuration bot for OSS.
d
Hey Grigorii - it's not exactly the same, but configuration on the user deployments in the helm chart is kind of like that, in that configuration that you set there will be passed through to the runs as well: https://docs.dagster.io/deployment/guides/kubernetes/deploying-with-helm#step-6-configure-your-user-deployment
"By default, this configuration will also be included in the pods for any runs that are launched for the code location server. You can disable this behavior for a code location server by setting
includeConfigInLaunchedRuns.enabled
to
false
for that server."
g
@daniel, thank you for the answer! I have noticed this but I am not using helm charts, I'm writing plain kube configs. Can you tell me please how is this configuration applied for the runs actually?
What I'm doing right now is that I just use a configMap with run_launcher configuration that is mounted as dagster.yaml in the dagit pod.
d
g
Wow! So I can fit all my configuration into the
DAGSTER_CONTAINER_CONTEXT
env variable on the grpc server pod and this configuration will be applied for the runs with the grpc server code?
d
that's right
g
I will try that ASAP, thank you very very much!
condagster 1
dancing
@daniel tell me please if there are any other options that force the dagster to use that
DAGSTER_CLI_API_GRPC_CONTAINER_CONTEXT
variable. For some reasons it is just ignored in my case.
d
i'm not aware of anything else that uses it - we have tests in place that verify that it works
👍 1
g
For whoever will run into the same issues as me, the
env variable actually overrides the run_launcher (K8sRunLauncher) configuration that you specify in
dagster.yaml
. If you remove the run_launcher (K8sRunLauncher) configuration from the
dagster.yaml
, you will end up having DefaultLauncher for the code locations and the
variable with the k8s configs ignored.
d
yeah to clarify, this is additional configuration for a particular code location, it's not intended to replace the run launcher config
👌 1