I’m attempting to use a boilerplate parquet_io_man...
# ask-community
a
I’m attempting to use a boilerplate parquet_io_manager locally. Under the hood it looks entirely the same as the pickle_io_manager. I have a chain of pickled assets partitioned solely by a static partition. The last one outputs a picked data frame. I input that final asset with the intent of getting a new one that is the same but as parquet. I then get an error that I cannot get partitions for an asset not partitioned with TimeWindowPartitionsDefinition. Why - when their _get_path methods both are functionally the same, am I triggering an error? Also - why do the parquet_io_manager and the pickle_io_manager suppose that if the context.has_asset_partitions that they are always time windowed? EDIT: didn’t realize I’ve been using the default fs_io manager the whole time. I gotta adapt the sample “fully_featured_project” io managers which aren’t intended to handle static partitions
s
If you are able to post some code and the error, that might help crystalize things a bit.
s
Hi Andrew, Are you still having this issue? If so, could you post the error/backtrace?