Hi everyone, I am having problems with log files. ...
# ask-community
a
Hi everyone, I am having problems with log files. From the UI I receive the following message:
No Log file available
The files exist at the specified path but they are empty. I cannot understand why. I am using Windows 10 + Dagster 1.1.14. Thank you all so much 🙂
o
hi @Ansel Boero ! what output are you expecting there? is the operation you're running intended to emit stuff to stdout? are you able to see things in stderr?
a
Hi @owen, I didn't expect anything from stdout, sorry; I wanted to screen stderr. Stderr is also empty. However, using Ubuntu (personal Pc) I can see the log. Is there anything I can do in order to debug the "issue"? Thank you for your help
o
hm is your
dagster.yaml
any different between these two environments? The ComputeLogManager controls how these logs get stored. Also, do you mind opening up a GitHub issue? It's definitely possible that there's an issue with the how the log manager works on windows
❤️ 1
a
Hi @owen, Just for reference, I hadn't noticed the warning that appeared when initializing dagit:
Copy code
"WARNING: Compute log capture is disabled for the current environment. Set the environment variable PYTHONLEGACYWINDOWSSTDIO to enable."
By setting the following variable, I can see the log now. Thank you very much. I could propose a pull request to add this small piece of information to the documentation, if considered valuable :)
o
ah an issue great! glad you figured out the issue