Hi everyone, is there a way to manually set an op ...
# ask-community
d
Hi everyone, is there a way to manually set an op to "successful" state? I had a long running job (around 17 hours) and an op thinks its still running when I can see that it should have finished and moved on to the next step.
s
Hi Daniel, thanks for the question-- to clarify, how do you know the op is done? Does it write out some data that you can see?
d
To give a bit more context, my pipeline launches a separate Kubernetes job which I then monitor through an Op within Dagster. The Op logged that the kubernetes job was finished, and when I checked my kubernetes job I could see that it was indeed done because all data was written to a volume but the Op kept running which it never did before when I ran it for smaller amounts of data (typically running for 30-60 minutes).
Side note, the op logged around 8k times, IDK if this has anything to do with it.
s
OK, so sounds like a bug/flake due to scale.
is there a way to manually set an op to “successful” state
We don’t have this at present. I’m going to put out a call for a colleague who is more knowledgable about these kinds of issues to see if they can figure out why this might’ve happened.
d
Okay, thank you! 🙂