Newbie question again, I (now, thanks <@U04M8B4R7N...
# ask-community
j
Newbie question again, I (now, thanks @clay) have Dagster and Dagit installed in a Python 3.7.9 venv on my local computer. I would like to use the example project project_fully_featured to explore with. I downloaded the project according to the docs and ran "pip install -e ." in the created my_project folder. I saw a handful of dependency conflict errors as pip was doing its work. If I try to start dagster, I get an error
UserWarning: Error loading repository location project_fully_featured:ValueError: None is not a valid IndirectSelection
I'm not great at reading stack traces but it seems to be failing to load assets. Can somebody point me in the right direction to iron this out?
🤖 1
o
hi @Jennifer Flanagan (Jenna)! I think this is stemming from a compatibility issue between dagster and dbt version 1.4 -- a fix is going out tomorrow, but I believe if you
pip install "dbt-core<1.4"
then you should be good until then
j
Well, that gave me the confidence to go install a variety of things at specific versions until pip said "no broken dependencies". 🙂 DBT was definitely one of the things I downgraded, and now the project starts at least. Thanks for the tip!