Hello, i am working on an open source deployment o...
# ask-community
l
Hello, i am working on an open source deployment of dagster. When i compose up I get the following error:
Copy code
Resource handler returned message: "Invalid request provided: CreateService error: TaskDefinition can not be blank. (Service: AmazonECS; Status Code: 400; Error Code: InvalidParameterException; Request ID: 6537e8e4-ebc0-4006-abbe-539a8c58aeef; Proxy: null)" (RequestToken: 06013cf9-0073-e0c9-a7a7-806f13632e33, HandlerErrorCode: InvalidRequest)
I saw this issue which mentions a fix, but I am still seeing the error. Any advice here? Thanks
🌈 1
j
what version are you on?
what service is logging that error?
l
I’m using v1.1.13
Its the UserCodeService that’s logging this error
j
What version of dagster is installed in the user code image?
l
Its running 1.1.13
j
hmm, that’s odd
just to clarify this is with you deployed to ECS via the provided docker compose?
l
Yes thats correct
j
And did you make any modifications to the compose files?
l
Only thing i had to add was some overlays to configure subnets like described here
👍 1
j
Is there a stack trace along with the error
l
No i do not see one
j
Ah I missed that this comes on the compose up call. The issue you linked arose within Dagster code, but this error is coming up just in the translation from the docker compose to ECS
I’m not aware of any fixes, but could you try this on 1.1.18 (latest) just to confirm?
l
Okay thanks for looking into it. ill give the latest version a try and report back
j
I’m also curious if the compose up succeeds without the overlays (ignoring if the containers eventually fail bc they aren’t configured)
l
@johann ran it with dagster 1.1.18 and got the same error
Tried it without the overlays and it worked. But im using the overlays to control my subnets, so it fails later due to incorrect subnets. Do you know of another way to control subnets? Thanks
Copy code
x-aws-cloudformation:
  Resources:
    DagitService:
      Type: 'AWS::ECS::Service'
      Properties:
        NetworkConfiguration:
          AwsvpcConfiguration:
            Subnets:
              - subnet-0364ab18a61e86566
              - subnet-03fb020f50d7dacd8
    DaemonService:
      Properties:
        NetworkConfiguration:
          AwsvpcConfiguration:
            Subnets:
    UserCodeService:
      Properties:
        NetworkConfiguration:
          AwsvpcConfiguration:
            Subnets:
    LoadBalancer:
      Properties:
        Subnets:
Here are my overlays for your reference
j
I’m not familiar with compose overlays unfortunately. On stack overflow it seems like a couple users have hit weird errors like this just by having bad whitespace in their compose file, maybe something to check for
b
@Logan Bonsignore Make sure that both subnets are public
l
@Bartek Grasza both subnets have a nat gateway on them that allows access to the internet