Hi all! I think I have the same question as was po...
# ask-community
s
Hi all! I think I have the same question as was posted last November and converted into this issue https://github.com/dagster-io/dagster/issues/10578 Since there doesn't seem to be a solution for this issue yet I figured I'd ask if anything has changed with regards to this/if there are any suggestions on how to do this. From the GRPC server/repository we're trying to trigger a reload of the repository in Dagit (we use dynamically generated Python modules/Assets), but we've not been able to find a way to determine where to connect to. When I run Dagit and the Dagster daemon locally they work together as expected (Dagit show the Daemon being healthy), so I assume there's some communication between the different components. I don't know how this communication happens though, do the components talk directly to each other? If so, would it be possible to use some of these mechanisms to determine Dagit's IP?
d
Hi Simon - Dagit and the dagster daemon only communicate with each other via the database (e.g. the daemon writes heartbeats that dagit reads to determine if it's healthy). You should be able to connect to dagit's graphql server to make requests using the same hostname/IP that you use to access its UI in the browser though.
s
@daniel Thanks for the reply. We want to have this work both fully locally (virtualenv), using Docker Compose and when deployed without having to set config (i.e. define the IP or hostname somewhere), that's why I was looking for a way to auto-discover. Seems like that's not going to be possible.