I have a question that maybe related to how I'm us...
# integration-snowflake
c
I have a question that maybe related to how I'm using dagster with Snowflake or might be that I'm not storing assets properly, etc. This is with a multi-container docker setup. I have a module that I'm mounting as a volume, per the docs. The structure is similar to this example, where I have packages/folders in my assets directory. In the linked example, there are packages for
activity_analytics
core
, and
recommender
. In my case, let's say I have
package1
and
package2
. As with the example,
all_assets
ends up being
[*package1_assets, *package2_assets]
and is passed to
Definitions
in the same way that the assets are in the linked example. If I go into dagit and launch a run to materialize all of the
package1
and
package2
assets, which are in different groups, all works fine. However, if I modify the code to
package2
and then update the git repository and restart dagster/dagit, the system no longer knows that the
package1
assets were materialized, in spite of the fact that
package1
did not change at all. I can understand that
package2
would reset, however, I'd like to figure out how to set this up so that only the assets associated with the package that changed would need to be rematerialized for dagster to know about them. Most of my work/assets is being pushed to Snowflake. Is this simply a matter of dagster not knowing how to find them on Snowflake? Or will all of the assets associated with all of the packages always reset when I push a code change to a single package?
j
hi @clay i don’t think this is snowflake specific, and i’m not super familiar with the specifics of Definitions loading (especially with docker). you’ll be able to get a better response in the main dagster support channel!
c
Ok, thanks