Hi dagstermates! I have a problem. I set up `jobNa...
# ask-community
m
Hi dagstermates! I have a problem. I set up
jobNamespace
to
dagster-jobs
in
runLauncher
, but my jobs still start in default namespace. Is there any ideas how to fix this? Probably i should restart something or edit configmap directly?
d
Hi mark - it’s probably pulling the namespace from your user code deployments and overriding the namespace that’s set on the run launcher. Is changing the namespace of the user code deployments too an option or do you want them to be separate?
❤️ 1
There’s a bit of explanation in the docs here: https://docs.dagster.io/deployment/guides/kubernetes/deploying-with-helm#step-6-configure-your-user-deployment - although it doesn’t specifically mention the namespace
m
I want to separate deployments(dagit, daemon, user-deployments) and jobs. Can you say where can I specify job namespace in user-deployment?
Yes, I deploy dagster according to this guid, but jobNamesapce doesn't work for me(
d
Ah hm, I may have misremembered the details of how this works, it doesn't look like there's way to customize the namespace for the user code deployments. If you set
includeConfigInLaunchedRuns.enabled
to
false
for your user code deployments it should stop copying over the namespace into your launched runs (but will also stop copying over things like secrets/volumes/etc.)
❤️ 1
m
Wow, thank you very much! I thought it is only about resources.