Did the graphql interface change between v0.15.9 a...
# ask-community
b
Did the graphql interface change between v0.15.9 and v1.1.21? Upgrading dagster seems fine but some of our services can’t upgrade
dagster-graphql
yet due to conflicting graphql deps. I wonder if its okay to keep the version mismatch for a lil while.
r
We don’t recommend that you keep a version mismatch between dagster, dagit, and dagster-graphql. These should all be in lockstep.
dagster-graphql
should only be required in
dagit
, which should be a standalone service, assuming that you’ve deployed your code servers separate from the Dagster UI server
b
we’re using the interfaces to call dagster’s graphql from another service 😓
we might move towards a graphql call without using the graphql lib tho
r
Even then, your external service shouldn’t need
dagster-graphql
to make a GraphQL request to the Dagster UI server?
b
We do use it tho. Example:
Copy code
from dagster_graphql import DagsterGraphQLClient

client = DagsterGraphQLClient(config.DAGIT_HOSTNAME, port_number=config.DAGIT_PORT)
job = "job_name"
client.submit_job_execution(
    job,
    repository_location_name="main",
    run_config={
        "inputs": {
            <redacted>
        },
        "execution": {
            "config": {
                "max_concurrent": 1,
            }
        },
    },
)
r
ahh you’re using the python client, i see
b
not ideal 🙂
but yes
r
yeah, if you want to excise this dependency, you would need to switch to raw graphql queries
b
we might do that instead of upgrading flask graphql for now 😓
ok, tks =D
a
Hey @Bianca Rosa , can I ask you if you have deployed dagster on k8s? I have written graphql code within the dagster code and am trying to connect to dagit but it's not connecting. I am using the IP of the pod where dagster-dagit is being served.. do you have any pointers?
@rex could you weigh in if you have any pointers..?
b
We have dagster deployed on ECS.
We had no issue connecting to dagit on ECS using the service discovery feature 😞
👍 1
a
I got it working. Was using the wrong port. Should have removed my comment. Thanks so much though!
b
😄
Glad you got it working!
🙂 1