I am a touch confused about sensors (i promise i r...
# dagster-plus
a
I am a touch confused about sensors (i promise i read the docs 🤞🏽 ) In my case with a hybrid agent (aws ecs), who is actually running the checks? Is it my agent or the dagster cloud or is it both talking to each other?
p
Hi Asif. The actual sensor evaluation will happen on the user code server managed by the agent. https://docs.dagster.io/dagster-cloud/deployment/hybrid#hybrid-architecture-overview
a
Thanks Phil. In my case, the coder server is yet another ECS task (managed by the agent). Does this mean, it will spawn a task, say, every 30 seconds to run the check? I guess I am trying to figure out the cost angle here
p
No, the user code server is a long-lived gRPC server that will handle requests from the agent. About every 30 seconds, a daemon process on the Dagster Cloud infrastructure will issue a request to the agent, which will pick it up and make the request to the corresponding user code server for that code location.
When you add/update a new code location, that will start a new ECS task for that location’s user code server.
a
Aha TIL Looks like i dont quite have a grasp of the infra. Thanks for the discussion though. i know what to google now 😄