I have an issue concerning deyploment guys. I am d...
# ask-community
y
I have an issue concerning deyploment guys. I am deploying a multi-container solution. But both dagit and dagster daemon can't reach the code server, although all contaniers are in the same podman network und should be able to communicate with one another (I know this because I can serve dagit interface with nginx in the same settings). the workspace file for dagit and the daemon looks as follows:
Copy code
load_from:
    - gprc_server:
           host: 192.168.1.14
           port: 4000
           location_name: "code_server"
The code server is running with the following command:
Copy code
dagster api grpc -h "0.0.0.0" -p  "4000" -f  entry_point.py
here is the error message:
Copy code
The above exception was caused by the following exception:
grpc._channel._InactiveRpcError: <_InactiveRpcError of RPC that terminated with:
       status = StatusCode.UNAVAILABLE
       details = "failed to connect to all addresses"
       debug_error_string = "{"created":"@1681049825.598176138","description":"Failed to pick subchannel","file":"src/core/ext/filters/client_channel/client_channel.cc","file_line":3260,"referenced_errors":[{"created":"@1681049825.598173765","description":"failed to connect to all addresses","file":"src/core/lib/transport/error_utils.cc","file_line":167,"grpc_status":14}]}"
The code server is definitely reachable. But somehow both dagit and dagster daemon fail to connect does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? Thanks
Hi guys, just in case anyone faces this same problem. If you are working behind a corporate proxy, make sure to exclude the IP Addresses of the containers in the proxy configuration by including them in the proxy env variable no_proxy. After I added the IP addresses to no_proxy, dagit and dagster daemon were able reach the code server.
d
Glad you were able to sort this out - there's a
dagster api grpc-health-check
CLI command that you can use to help debug these connection issues (that will try to ping the server at the supplied hostname and port)
❤️ 1
y
Thanks Daniel!
condagster 1