hi team - with the new <pythonic config schemas>, ...
# ask-community
d
hi team - with the new pythonic config schemas, does there exist support for config mappings yet?
more concretely, am trying to define a config mapping like so
however, this yields the following error:
Copy code
/home/david.tong/miniconda3/envs/dagster3/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dagster/_core/workspace/context.py:591: UserWarning: Error loading repository location my_repo:dagster._core.errors.DagsterInvalidConfigDefinitionError: Error defining config. Original value passed: {'some_job': <class 'my_repo.dagster_modules.module.SomeConfig'>}. Error at stack path :mfd_job. <class 'my_repo.dagster_modules.module.SomeConfig'> cannot be resolved.
This value can be a:
    - Field
    - Python primitive types that resolve to dagster config types
        - int, float, bool, str, list.
    - A dagster config type: Int, Float, Bool, Array, Optional, Selector, Shape, Permissive, Map
    - A bare python dictionary, which is wrapped in Field(Shape(...)). Any values
      in the dictionary get resolved by the same rules, recursively.
    - A python list with a single entry that can resolve to a type, e.g. [int]
docs don’t seem to imply pydantic configs are supported. could someone confirm that this is indeed unsupported / would it be difficult to add?
@ben for viz - a continuation of our previous config conversation 🙂
@ben bumping as it’s been a few days
b
Hi David, sorry for the late response! We’ve been busy getting the Pythonic resources ready for de-experimentalization in 1.3
One of the changes that should be out with this week’s release is support for taking in and returning Pythonic config from `@config_mapping`s: https://github.com/dagster-io/dagster/pull/13276
d
great to hear! to clarify, we mean this week’s 4/20 release right and not last week’s 4/13 right?