hello all. :slightly_smiling_face: Im evaluating u...
# dagster-plus
i
hello all. 🙂 Im evaluating using hybrid deploys using the docker version of the dagster cloud agent. I was wondering if anyone can point me at the right docs regarding configuring code locations where the code is packaged in a container as well. specifically Im looking for an example of the correct code location yaml config for a ECR container image of the code to be loaded into dagster. I already have the agent running in a container successfully, docker daemon authenticating with ECR correctly, and the code Im looking to load into dagster packaged and pushed to ECR. please help! 🙂
specifically this is the error Im getting:
Copy code
dagster_cloud.user_code_launcher - ERROR - Error while updating server for prod:...: docker.errors.APIError: 400 Client Error for <http+docker://localhost/v1.42/containers/e6a62aa2ff7de9241da47cda32274573c1ed96f961acea90e3f5be7e8d6023e5/start>: Bad Request ("OCI runtime create failed: runc create failed: unable to start container process: exec: "dagster": executable file not found in $PATH: unknown")
I did find this conversation with a similar error: https://dagster.slack.com/archives/C01U954MEER/p1673661140158329 which seems to be related to running dagster in a self-hosted environment. to be clearer, as recommended by Dagster docs, im looking to package the code in a container, to be loaded by the Dagster Cloud Agent. Any guidence or hints or links would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance! :)
j
Ivan i think you're running into the same problem as Dinis in that thread, that when your docker agent is starting the containers for your code-locations/runs its unable to find dagster
🙏 1
i
aha! very interesting! thank you @Joe I thought that might be the case, so when building that container im installing dagster now via
pip3 install dagster
but thats still not helping. that package should add
dagster
to the system PATH.
making progress, but now getting the familiar
RuntimeError: Unable to find any timezone configuration
error. this is when view the logs of the container representing the code location, that is run by the Dagster angent with the command
dagster api grpc
. any ideas on how to resolve this timezone issue?
resolved