I have a group of assets with some dependencies be...
# ask-community
z
I have a group of assets with some dependencies between them. I need multiple versions of each asset, aggregated to a different temporal frequency, but the inputs and the dependencies between the assets and processing that gets done is exactly the same regardless of the aggregation frequency, so I want to define the set of assets once and re-use it with different frequencies. What’s the right way to specify this? My first guess is that I want to define a graph-backed multi-asset, and then put that inside a factory function that takes the aggregation frequency as an input, and have it define several graph-backed multi-assets, one for each desired output frequency, but that seems a little convoluted. Is there a better way?
c
Hi Zane. Wondering if you've looked into partitioning your assets? https://docs.dagster.io/concepts/partitions-schedules-sensors/partitions#defining-partitioned-assets For each different frequency you want, you can define a different partition for it (either in a
StaticPartitionsDefinition
or a
DynamicPartitionsDefinition
). Then you can attach the partitions def to your assets. An upstream asset partition for a given frequency will then automatically be a dependency for any downstream asset partitions for the same frequency.