I am confused by <ExpectationResult>. Does logging...
# ask-community
n
I am confused by ExpectationResult. Does logging an ExpectionResult do anything other than add it to the logs? Is this just for manual human observation when looking at an individual run? I was expecting it to be more useful. Like making plots available of the results over time? Or failing an asset when an ExpectionResult is negative?
For context I am currently trying to use this within assets, not ops
I was hoping for a tool that could help us send alerts to our data analysts when data expectations are not yet. Ideally with two levels: warning (continue job, send alert) and error (stop job send alert)
Perhaps I should be using GreatExpectations instead, but the docs for using it within Dagster are op based, not asset based.
c
Hi Nathan. To my knowledge the current functionality of expectation results is just to display them in the logs. We are considering augmenting this functionality though for assets: https://github.com/dagster-io/dagster/discussions/9543
Please feel free to comment with any thoughts or feedback on the thread
n
@claire Thank you for the response. I will give that thread some thought and provide some feedback. Thanks!
🌈 1