I have a question...I have some different jobs tha...
# ask-community
y
I have a question...I have some different jobs that may use the same partitions of the same assets. Will they always be rematerialized when running the job? Is there a flag for not rematerializing if it's not out of date or something? Thanks!
bump
c
Hi Yang. As long as those upstream assets aren't selected to be part of those two downstream jobs, running the downstream jobs will not cause the upstream assets to rematerialize. Unfortunately there isn't a flag for not rematerializing if it's not out of date
y
But if the upstream assets are not materialized yet, is there a way to trigger for them to materialize? Just a separate job? Thanks!
c
I think the UI will have a warning if the upstream assets aren't materialized, in which case you can also select those upstream assets to manually materialize. But if you wanted to automate the upstream assets to materialize, you could use the asset reconciliation sensor. In next week's release we'll also introduce an auto-materialize policy that might be what you're looking for.
D 2
y
Oh! Ok great