Hi, I tried MAX_RUNTIME_SECONDS_TAG in Dagster Clo...
# ask-community
a
Hi, I tried MAX_RUNTIME_SECONDS_TAG in Dagster Cloud and it didn’t seem to work. Is this because I can’t set the enabled item in run _monitoring in deployment in Dagster Cloud yet?
d
Hi Aki - this feature should be working in Dagster Cloud if you set the tag. Could you link to the run where you set the tag but it didn't work?
a
Sorry, I can’t link to the environment because it is not my personal property. The version of Dagster and Dagster Agent is 1.3.5. I thought that the process would terminate when the specified time for any job comes, but maybe I am thinking wrong?
d
Where did you set the tag? If it's on the job like in the example here: https://docs.dagster.io/deployment/run-monitoring#general-run-timeouts - it should work for any run of that job
a
Yes. Tags are set as follows.
Copy code
@job(
    resource_defs={
        "io_manager": s3_pickle_io_manager.configured(
            {"s3_bucket": "analytics-rd-test", "s3_prefix": "my-cool-prefix"}
        ),
        "s3": s3_resource,
    },
    executor_def=in_process_executor,
    tags={MAX_RUNTIME_SECONDS_TAG: 10},
)
def elt_job():
    """
    ジョブパイプライン

"""
d
got it - is DMing me a link to the run an option? that should work, I would need to check our logs in order to troubleshoot why that's not working
a
I understand. If there is anything I can do to help, please indicate which information you would like. I will also discuss the link with you.
d
Thanks - once I have either a link to the run or the run ID, I'll be happy to dig in and see what's going on
a
Yes. run ID is
c4de26a5
d
got it - and what's the organization?
a
organization is
prod
d
ah was it in a branch deployment? that might be why
We'll get that fixed up if so
a
Yes, that is correct. In our operation, we first complete validation in Branch Deployment and then apply it to Production Deployment.
d
We should be able to get that fixed within the next week
Thanks for reporting the issue
thankyou bow 1
a
Thank you, I was able to confirm that it works with dagster cloud v1.3.7. When running locally, I added the following settings to dagster.yaml and tried the same, but the timeout process did not work. is there any other settings needed besides adding the following to dagster.yaml? Or is there some special factor? I have browsed the config and confirmed that the settings are reflected. • dagster.yaml
Copy code
run_monitoring:
  enabled: true
  start_timeout_seconds: 180
  cancel_timeout_seconds: 180
d
you may need to decrease the
poll_interval_seconds
key as well (the default is 120 so checking once every couple of minutes)
a
Oh, that was exactly right. It was done. Thank you !!