I've had a lot of job failures with this: ```An ex...
# dagster-plus
b
I've had a lot of job failures with this:
Copy code
An exception was thrown during execution that is likely a framework error, rather than an error in user code.
dagster._core.errors.DagsterInvariantViolationError: __ASSET_JOB_0 has no op named run_dbt_7869a_c792f.
  File "/venvs/fb460baabe2f/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dagster/_grpc/impl.py", line 137, in core_execute_run
    yield from execute_run_iterator(
  File "/venvs/fb460baabe2f/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dagster/_core/execution/api.py", line 866, in __iter__
    yield from self.execution_context_manager.prepare_context()
  File "/venvs/fb460baabe2f/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dagster/_utils/__init__.py", line 491, in generate_setup_events
    obj = next(self.generator)
  File "/venvs/fb460baabe2f/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dagster/_core/execution/context_creation_job.py", line 291, in orchestration_context_event_generator
    context_creation_data = create_context_creation_data(
  File "/venvs/fb460baabe2f/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dagster/_core/execution/context_creation_job.py", line 116, in create_context_creation_data
    resource_keys_to_init=get_required_resource_keys_to_init(execution_plan, job_def),
  File "/venvs/fb460baabe2f/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dagster/_core/execution/resources_init.py", line 375, in get_required_resource_keys_to_init
    get_required_resource_keys_for_step(job_def, step, execution_plan)
  File "/venvs/fb460baabe2f/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dagster/_core/execution/resources_init.py", line 427, in get_required_resource_keys_for_step
    source_manager_key = execution_plan.get_manager_key(source_handle, job_def)
  File "/venvs/fb460baabe2f/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dagster/_core/execution/plan/plan.py", line 651, in get_manager_key
    return _get_manager_key(self.step_dict_by_key, step_output_handle, job_def)
  File "/venvs/fb460baabe2f/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dagster/_core/execution/plan/plan.py", line 1341, in _get_manager_key
    output_def = pipeline_def.get_node(node_handle).output_def_named(step_output.name)
  File "/venvs/fb460baabe2f/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dagster/_core/definitions/job_definition.py", line 407, in get_node
    return self._graph_def.get_node(handle)
  File "/venvs/fb460baabe2f/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dagster/_core/definitions/graph_definition.py", line 340, in get_node
    node = self.node_named(name)
  File "/venvs/fb460baabe2f/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dagster/_core/definitions/graph_definition.py", line 327, in node_named
    raise DagsterInvariantViolationError(f"{self._name} has no op named {name}.")
d
Hi Brendan - was this in cloud? If so would you be able to link to a run where this happened?
o
a couple more questions -- what
dagster
version are you on and are you using
load_assets_from_dbt_manifest
or
load_assets_from_dbt_project
?
b
Yup, in the cloud. Using
load_assets_from_dbt_project
Here's a link to the run: https://mtm-data-research.dagster.cloud/prod/runs/5b29a12e-fcce-4161-b26e-6c27226a0ac5
dagster
version 1.3.9
It's possible this happened kicking off a 're-execute' from the gui, but I honestly don't recall exactly how it happened.
o
gotcha, thanks for that info. just confirming that we're still looking into why this might be happening
👍 1
@Brendan Jackson this issue has been quite challenging to replicate, so still looking into the root cause, but one user reported that explicitly setting the
op_name
parameter when calling
load_assets_from_dbt...
helped with the issue (still unclear if that's related, or just a red herring).
b
@owen Well from my perspective it's no big deal - it hasn't happened again!
I'll watch for it and if it happens again try to get more exact steps for reproducing. I only flagged it here because the stack trace seemed to indicate something internal was amiss.
o
gotcha, thanks for the update blob salute
c
necromancy, but i see this happening on my non-cloud k8s deployment with the latest version.