Can I create dynamic partitions from a schedule th...
# ask-ai
m
Can I create dynamic partitions from a schedule the way I can with a sensor via SensorResult
s
No, currently you cannot create dynamic partitions from a schedule in the same way you can with a sensor using
SensorResult
. The documentation provides guidance on constructing schedules from partitioned jobs using the
build_schedule_from_partitioned_job
function, but it does not mention the ability to create dynamic partitions directly from schedules. Sensors, on the other hand, have the capability to add and delete dynamic partitions through
SensorResult
, as indicated in the discussions and issues from the Dagster community. Sensors can be used to monitor external systems or events and then trigger runs with dynamic partitions based on the data they retrieve. If you need to create dynamic partitions, you would typically use a sensor that can submit
RunRequest
objects and also make requests to add or delete dynamic partitions. This is a feature that is specifically designed for sensors to dynamically respond to changes in the environment or data. How do I use a sensor with a partition d... button Thank you for your feedback!