Hi, I’m trying to host the agent on EC2 but couldn...
# dagster-plus
l
Hi, I’m trying to host the agent on EC2 but couldn’t get it to work. I’ve already pushed the user code image to ECR. 1. It complained “no basic authentication” even though I’ve logged in docker. I had to manually pull the image 2. Even after the image is available locally, it hangs at the step creating the gRpc server. The error is something like this:
Copy code
dagster_agent_1  | 2024-02-16 19:06:23 +0000 - dagster_cloud.user_code_launcher - INFO - Created a new server for ('prod', 'painboard-user-code')
dagster_agent_1  | 2024-02-16 19:06:23 +0000 - dagster_cloud.user_code_launcher - INFO - Waiting for new grpc server for ('prod', 'painboard-user-code') for (image=CodeDeploymentMetadata(image='<http://305405436618.dkr.ecr.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/painboard-dagster-user-code:latest|305405436618.dkr.ecr.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/painboard-dagster-user-code:latest>', python_file=None, package_name='painboard', module_name=None, working_directory='/opt/dagster/app', executable_path=None, attribute=None, git_metadata=None, container_context={}, cloud_context_env={'DAGSTER_CLOUD_DEPLOYMENT_NAME': 'prod', 'DAGSTER_CLOUD_IS_BRANCH_DEPLOYMENT': 0, 'DAGSTER_CLOUD_LOCATION_NAME': 'painboard-user-code'}, pex_metadata=None, agent_queue=None)) to be ready...
ok, the cause turns out to be the fact my user_code image is built as arm64 (on a mac). But without proper error messages, it’s very difficult to find it out!