Is there some way to go from a Dagster run to the ...
# deployment-ecs
n
Is there some way to go from a Dagster run to the associated cloudwatch metrics? I can’t seem to find anything in cloud watch with the associated run or job ID
🤖 1
z
they don't really provide a direct way to do it, but the task ARN gets printed as an ENGINE_EVENT at the beginning of each run launched with the EcsRunLauncher, so you should be able to use that to find cloudwatch logs and metrics
n
I can’t find the task ARN in my cloudwatch metrics — do I need to configure something on my ECS instance to ensure it’s logging things appropriately?
z
ah okay yeah cloudwatch metrics kinda sucks for ECS, I don't think you can get task-level metrics from the main cloudwatch metrics. do you have container insights enabled on your cluster?
n
Ah so it’s an AWS limitation… I didn’t have container insights, but will enable them and see if that helps
z
yeah container insights seems to be how they get you to pay more for marginally more granular metrics around containers launched on ECS, I still have trouble finding much useful information through container insights though. I've had a lot better luck with Datadog
someone else might be able to chime in with more knowledge though
n
This has been super helpful, thanks @Zach!
👍 1
🎉 1