Hi there. I am currently implementing a condition...
# ask-community
b
Hi there. I am currently implementing a condition for my schedule to run, using the
should_execute
argument. However, I see that the "Schedule Filters" documentation section has been removed (previously under https://docs.dagster.io/tutorial/advanced-tutorial/scheduling#schedule-filters). Is this something I should worry about? Is this going to be deprecated?
e
Hey Bernardo! Not to worry at all - we've been working on some clean up and consolidation, hence some of the recent removals.
should_execute
will continue to work; no need to worry about that changing because this content was accidentally removed. I verified this with one of my teammates, who also made this suggestion:
Instead of a separate should_execute function, you could make your schedule function conditionally yield a RunRequest if that condition is met - so it could all live in one function now instead of two. But both do the exact same thing under the hood.
❤️ 1
🙏 1
b
Having a should_execute function has the benefit of simplicity when you want to apply the same condition to many schedules (20 in my case)