My sensors are getting an error: DagsterUserCodeU...
# ask-community
d
My sensors are getting an error: DagsterUserCodeUnreachableError: Could not reached user code server
Restarting dagit and the daemons fixes the issue for a short time, but then it starts happening again. Any idea what could be going on?
j
do you have any more logging you can share? logs from the daemon would be especially helpful
d
When I run the daemons interactively I don't get any errors, but when I run them as a service (same user and everything) I do. Unfortunately, when I run it as a service I don't get the logs anymore
d
Could you say more about how you're running them as a service?
Is this using e.g. supervisord, something else?
d
just systemd running the commands that I would run as a user
d
I think it is possible to get logs from processes that are run using systemd - would something like journaltcl work? https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-use-journalctl-to-view-and-manipulate-systemd-logs
without the logs I think it's going to be tricky to figure out what the problem is
d
The issue is that the way I am spawning the service is that that logs only hold the "starting .." messages
not all of the followon messages
d
Got it - I think we're going to need to find a way to get those logs though in order for us to be useful
d
I'll figure it out, thank you
(the logging issue)
s
Same error here, Is there any update?
d
Hey Saul - this is probably worth a new post with some more details about how and where you're seeing this. If you have a full stack trace that would be the most useful