Hello! I had a trouble implementing the method mak...
# ask-community
e
Hello! I had a trouble implementing the method make_valid from the module shapely.validation on one of my classes, after re-installing it the dagster server started to show some problems to execute the operations that involved using that class, so i decided to restart the server and got the following error, while loading the repository.py file: Exception: gRPC server exited with return code 1 while starting up with the command: "C:/ProgramData/Anaconda3/envs/agrow-analytics/python.exe -m dagster api grpc --lazy-load-user-code --port 60669 --heartbeat --heartbeat-timeout 45 --fixed-server-id 5aa12a0d-9539-4f03-93e9-fff64ee8dcbb --log-level WARNING --use-python-environment-entry-point -f C:/Agrow Programs/dagster/repository.py -d C:/Agrow Programs/dagster/" File "c:\programdata\anaconda3\envs\dagster\lib\site-packages\dagster\core\host_representation\grpc_server_registry.py", line 209, in _get_grpc_endpoint startup_timeout=self._startup_timeout, File "c:\programdata\anaconda3\envs\dagster\lib\site-packages\dagster\grpc\server.py", line 1105, in init startup_timeout=startup_timeout, File "c:\programdata\anaconda3\envs\dagster\lib\site-packages\dagster\grpc\server.py", line 1054, in open_server_process_on_dynamic_port startup_timeout=startup_timeout, File "c:\programdata\anaconda3\envs\dagster\lib\site-packages\dagster\grpc\server.py", line 1023, in open_server_process wait_for_grpc_server(server_process, client, subprocess_args, timeout=startup_timeout) File "c:\programdata\anaconda3\envs\dagster\lib\site-packages\dagster\grpc\server.py", line 964, in wait_for_grpc_server f"gRPC server exited with return code {server_process.returncode} while starting up with the command: \"{' '.join(subprocess_args)}\"" It's a thing related to the conda environment that we are using, but I'm not able to figure what could have happened. I really appreciate if you could help me to solve this problem. I'm also adding the current dependencies installed on the conda environment that we are using.
d
Hi Eduardo - if you run that command in the error message yourself, does it fail with a more useful error?
The "C:/ProgramData/Anaconda3/envs/agrow-analytics/python.exe -m dagster api grpc --lazy-load-user-code --port 60669 --heartbeat --heartbeat-timeout 45 --fixed-server-id 5aa12a0d-9539-4f03-93e9-fff64ee8dcbb --log-level WARNING --use-python-environment-entry-point -f C:/Agrow Programs/dagster/repository.py -d C:/Agrow Programs/dagster/"
e
yes, I'll send you the response
Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\envs\agrow-analytics\lib\runpy.py", line 183, in _run_module_as_main mod_name, mod_spec, code = _get_module_details(mod_name, _Error) File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\envs\agrow-analytics\lib\runpy.py", line 142, in _get_module_details return _get_module_details(pkg_main_name, error) File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\envs\agrow-analytics\lib\runpy.py", line 109, in _get_module_details __import__(pkg_name) File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\envs\agrow-analytics\lib\site-packages\dagster\__init__.py", line 5, in <module> from dagster.core.definitions import ( File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\envs\agrow-analytics\lib\site-packages\dagster\core\definitions\__init__.py", line 1, in <module> from .config import ConfigMapping File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\envs\agrow-analytics\lib\site-packages\dagster\core\definitions\config.py", line 6, in <module> from dagster.primitive_mapping import is_supported_config_python_builtin File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\envs\agrow-analytics\lib\site-packages\dagster\primitive_mapping.py", line 7, in <module> from .core.types.dagster_type import Any as RuntimeAny File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\envs\agrow-analytics\lib\site-packages\dagster\core\types\dagster_type.py", line 10, in <module> from dagster.core.definitions.events import TypeCheck File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\envs\agrow-analytics\lib\site-packages\dagster\core\definitions\events.py", line 11, in <module> from .event_metadata import EventMetadataEntry, last_file_comp, parse_metadata File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\envs\agrow-analytics\lib\site-packages\dagster\core\definitions\event_metadata\__init__.py", line 9, in <module> from .table import TableColumn, TableColumnConstraints, TableConstraints, TableRecord, TableSchema File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\envs\agrow-analytics\lib\site-packages\dagster\core\definitions\event_metadata\table.py", line 160, in <module> _DEFAULT_TABLE_CONSTRAINTS = TableConstraints(other=[]) File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\envs\agrow-analytics\lib\site-packages\dagster\utils\backcompat.py", line 181, in _inner return fn(*args, **kwargs) File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\envs\agrow-analytics\lib\site-packages\dagster\core\definitions\event_metadata\table.py", line 152, in new return super(TableConstraints, cls).__new__( TypeError: super() argument 1 must be type, not function
d
Huh, that's a strange error... what version of Python are you using?
not a windows/conda expert but "C:/ProgramData/Anaconda3/envs/agrow-analytics/python.exe --version" might work to say what version it is
e
its Python 3.7.1
d
Is it possible to try in a fresh conda environment, or is that annoying? It seems like this one has gotten into a pretty strange state
where it can't even import dagster
e
Hi, after reinstalling a few dependencies, dagster workspace finally managed to load the repository.py but now, when i try to "Launch run" one of the defined jobs I get the following message: "dagster.core.errors.DagsterLaunchFailedError: Error during RPC setup for executing run: dagster.check.CheckError: Failure condition: Couldn't import module dagster.core.storage.local_compute_log_manager when attempting to load the configurable class dagster.core.storage.local_compute_log_manager.LocalComputeLogManager File "c:\programdata\anaconda3\envs\dagster\lib\site-packages\dagster_graphql\implementation\utils.py", line 34, in _fn return fn(*args, **kwargs) File "c:\programdata\anaconda3\envs\dagster\lib\site-packages\dagster_graphql\implementation\execution\launch_execution.py", line 17, in launch_pipeline_execution return _launch_pipeline_execution(graphene_info, execution_params) File "c:\programdata\anaconda3\envs\dagster\lib\site-packages\dagster_graphql\implementation\execution\launch_execution.py", line 51, in _launch_pipeline_execution run = do_launch(graphene_info, execution_params, is_reexecuted) File "c:\programdata\anaconda3\envs\dagster\lib\site-packages\dagster_graphql\implementation\execution\launch_execution.py", line 39, in do_launch workspace=graphene_info.context, File "c:\programdata\anaconda3\envs\dagster\lib\site-packages\dagster\core\instance\__init__.py", line 1546, in submit_run SubmitRunContext(run, workspace=workspace) File "c:\programdata\anaconda3\envs\dagster\lib\site-packages\dagster\core\run_coordinator\default_run_coordinator.py", line 32, in submit_run self._instance.launch_run(pipeline_run.run_id, context.workspace) File "c:\programdata\anaconda3\envs\dagster\lib\site-packages\dagster\core\instance\__init__.py", line 1610, in launch_run self._run_launcher.launch_run(LaunchRunContext(pipeline_run=run, workspace=workspace)) File "c:\programdata\anaconda3\envs\dagster\lib\site-packages\dagster\core\launcher\default_run_launcher.py", line 108, in launch_run res.message, serializable_error_info=res.serializable_error_info"
d
Hm it seems like your environment may still be in a weird state... it seems like when it opens a subprocess in Python, it can no longer import the dagster module, even though the parent process presumably was able to import dagster or it wouldn't have been able to load