Many of my pipelines through the years had to limi...
# dagster-feedback
b
Many of my pipelines through the years had to limit concurrency due to limited resources such as ram, bandwidth, singletons and so on. The feature that I am currently missing the most is to limit operator concurrency WITHOUT going via dockers. Is that anywhere in the roadmap?
dagster bot responded by community 1
g
you can simply set tags and concurrency limits for tags
b
Does this work for operator concurrency or for job concurrency?
g
Job
For op you can use it too but must use the queue based deployment with limited number of consumers.
b
Could you please direct me to the right place in documentation?
this is for the queue-based fine-grained resource control deployment
b
Many thanks 🙏 Just to make sure that I understand, this requires each op to run in it’s own kubernetes job, right?
g
indeed: to run each op in its own Kubernetes job, Dagster also allows you to use Celery to limit the number of ops that can concurrently connect to a resource across all running Dagster jobs. In
b
In that case, I’ll be happy for the requested feature of limiting concurrency in general in Operator level, without dockers :) Is that anywhere in the roadmap?
g
I cannot comment on this - I am not working for dagster but @sandy should be able to tell you
🙏 1
d
You can use celery for per-op concurrency today, which doesn't require docker: https://docs.dagster.io/deployment/guides/celery
b
Nice! many thanks!