Where do I need to set my environment variable so ...
# ask-community
b
Where do I need to set my environment variable so the docker run launcher picks it up? Caught an error for run 7a0a8223-1061-4974-9ab1-40de292e2b36 while removing it from the queue. Marking the run as failed and dropping it from the queue: Exception: Tried to load environment variable FIVETRAN_API_KEY, but it was not set I'm getting the following error in my docker setup:
Copy code
Stack Trace:
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dagster/_daemon/run_coordinator/queued_run_coordinator_daemon.py", line 283, in _dequeue_run_guarded
    self._dequeue_run(workspace_process_context, run)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dagster/_daemon/run_coordinator/queued_run_coordinator_daemon.py", line 323, in _dequeue_run
    instance.launch_run(run.run_id, workspace_process_context.create_request_context())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dagster/_core/instance/__init__.py", line 1839, in launch_run
    self.run_launcher.launch_run(LaunchRunContext(pipeline_run=run, workspace=workspace))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dagster_docker/docker_run_launcher.py", line 153, in launch_run
    self._launch_container_with_command(run, docker_image, command)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dagster_docker/docker_run_launcher.py", line 95, in _launch_container_with_command
    docker_env = dict([parse_env_var(env_var) for env_var in container_context.env_vars])
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dagster_docker/docker_run_launcher.py", line 95, in <listcomp>
    docker_env = dict([parse_env_var(env_var) for env_var in container_context.env_vars])
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dagster/_core/utils.py", line 107, in parse_env_var
    raise Exception(f"Tried to load environment variable {env_var_str}, but it was not set")
I set the variable inside my dagster.yaml like so:
Copy code
run_launcher:
  module: dagster_docker
  class: DockerRunLauncher
  config:
    env_vars:
      - DAGSTER_POSTGRES_USER
      - DAGSTER_POSTGRES_PASSWORD
      - DAGSTER_POSTGRES_DB
      - FIVETRAN_API_KEY
      - FIVETRAN_API_SECRET
🤖 1
d
Hi Benedikt - you'd want this environment value to be set as well in your daemon container - that's the container that pulls runs off of the queue and launches them
b
@daniel thank you that worked.
condagster 1