it's a LOT of partitions (hourly back to 2002) and...
# dagster-plus
c
it's a LOT of partitions (hourly back to 2002) and the main Partitions screen takes a little longer than usual which is understandable, but I feel like launching shouldn't be that big a deal
d
Hey Charlie - My impression is that backfills aren't actually currently supported in branch deployments, but it seems that the UI isn't accurately reflecting that for asset backfills. Will double-check what's going on here and report back - but have you been able to run a backfill before in this branch deployment?
c
I’ll confirm, but i thought i was able to backfill a single partiton, not the whole thing
Makes sense if it’s disabled in branch deployments. If so, I’ll have to find a way to test it on prod though
d
I checked and you're correct that single runs should work
what you're describing happens reliably when you try?
(The freezing up and not launching)
c
yeah, I think when I had yearly partitions, launching a single run would work fine, but with hourly, it always freezes
d
My guess is that it's getting overwhelmed by the number of partitions at play
but will confirm and see if we can reproduce
c
@daniel confirming that this is also happening on my prod deployment
is there a way that I can use monthly for historical partitions and then hourly moving forward?
launches fine when I change the partition to daily
thinking the run launcher might be doing a bunch of unnecessary work. I would think that selecting a single partition would only submit a single run