Hi first post. I am having a problem with a dagste...
# ask-community
j
Hi first post. I am having a problem with a dagster K8s user deployment. On a localhost dagit I can run the code, and the repo loads fine on the production instance (with the expected config from a yaml file). However upon trying to execute the code on the prod instance of dagster I recieve the following error upon inspecting the errored pod logs:
Copy code
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/dagster", line 8, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/dagster/_cli/__init__.py", line 48, in main
    cli(auto_envvar_prefix=ENV_PREFIX)  # pylint:disable=E1123
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1130, in __call__
    return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1055, in main
    rv = self.invoke(ctx)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1657, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1657, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1404, in invoke
    return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/click/core.py", line 760, in invoke
    return __callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/dagster/_cli/api.py", line 61, in execute_run_command
    DagsterInstance.from_ref(args.instance_ref)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/dagster/_core/instance/__init__.py", line 472, in from_ref
    run_coordinator=instance_ref.run_coordinator,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/dagster/_core/instance/ref.py", line 437, in run_coordinator
    return self.run_coordinator_data.rehydrate() if self.run_coordinator_data else None
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/dagster/_serdes/config_class.py", line 93, in rehydrate
    raise DagsterInvalidConfigError(
dagster._core.errors.DagsterInvalidConfigError: Errors whilst loading configuration for {'max_concurrent_runs': Field(<dagster._config.source.IntSourceType object at 0x7effa69b4dc0>, default=@, is_required=False), 'tag_concurrency_limits': Field(<dagster._config.config_type.Noneable object at 0x7effa02f4370>, default=@, is_required=False), 'dequeue_interval_seconds': Field(<dagster._config.source.IntSourceType object at 0x7effa69b4dc0>, default=@, is_required=False)}.
    Error 1: Received unexpected config entries "['dequeue_num_workers', 'dequeue_use_threads']" at the root. Expected: "['dequeue_interval_seconds', 'max_concurrent_runs', 'tag_concurrency_limits']."
I am confused by this as I do not specify anywhere in my code the "unexpected" config entries .So, I was wondering if anyone has seen and dealt with a similar error before and what they did to fix it?
In case anyone else encounters this issue it was down to clash of dagster versions. Upgrading dagster to the same as the one for the dagster daemon and dagit fixed the problem
d
Hi Jonathan, that's right - runK8sConfig was added relatively recently so code that uses it needs to be past that version as well