Hello all! Dagster Product Designer here :wave: We...
# dagster-feedback
j
Hello all! Dagster Product Designer here 👋 We’re exploring some changes to the Runs page in Dagit that aim to bring a few new filtering options and a more dense, scannable table layout. Here’s an early look at a prototype we are considering, I’d love to hear what you think. You can leave any comments or reactions here in Slack or right within the Loom video. One of our focus areas in the UI in the coming months is to continue to improve the scalability of pages like the Runs page and Overview pages – adding more filtering, grouping, and sorting options. This prototype is just the first of a few ideas that I’ll be sharing that focus on this theme.
🎉 2
c
Looks super great. I personally don't really look at the tags that much and the way to show them here is sufficient for my needs. I like it! Awesome work
ty spinny 1
p
Thought: the
v
shortcut is a good idea, perhaps it shouldn’t be constrained to tags + config? Why not make it show the whole run metadata (kind of like a popup view of the row)? Also, using the up/down arrow keys once the popup is opened should show the previous/next run so I don’t have to collapse the popup and open it again to see the next one. Super useful for the “comparing” you mention in the video. This looks great BTW!
ty spinny 1
Unrelated: can we get an option to show time in 24H format?
👍🏻 1
k
In my opinion, one of the key things that dagster has going for it is the UI. Especially, the assets flowchart with the shaded stale/etc. states. Makes it so easy to get what's going on with any given flow in just a glance. In the runs page, half of the jobs column is still empty. That space either has to be used somehow, or trimmed away. Also think that using light shades of some colours will help categorize stats/labels/domains. Meaning, pills for git-related tags/stats/labels are in one colour. A different one for execution environments/target data stores, etc.
ty spinny 1
c
btw the video shows some more detailed user management. Will this be added to the OSS version soon? is it on the reoadmap?
j
thanks for the feedback everyone, to answer a few questions: • @Philippe Laflamme I agree that we should support a 24h format throughout. I logged an issue here to get it on our radar -- feel free to add to it. • @KekronBekron love the idea of using colors to better categorize the types of tags -- will explore that a bit more. • @Casper Weiss Bang I don't believe this is on our roadmap for the OSS version right now.
🙏 1
đź‘Ť 1
d
^ Hour format customization has merged and will be in the next release. :)
ty spinny 2