<@U0667DNC02Y> I have an AssetDefinition of an Air...
# ask-ai
s
@Scout I have an AssetDefinition of an Airbyte connection, with multiple output tables. I want to select only one of the output tables, to make another asset depend on it. How do I do that ?
s
To create dependencies between assets in Dagster, you typically define the dependencies at the asset level. When working with Airbyte connections and their output tables represented as assets in Dagster, you can use the
build_airbyte_assets
function to create assets for the tables created by an Airbyte sync operation. If you want to make another asset depend on only one of the output tables from an Airbyte connection, you can specify the dependencies using the
deps
parameter when defining your asset. Here's an example from the documentation on how you might define an asset that depends on specific Airbyte output tables:
Copy code
python from dagster_airbyte import build_airbyte_assets from dagster import AssetGroup, asset  airbyte_assets = build_airbyte_assets(     connection_id="some_connection_id",     destination_tables=["users", "orders"] )  @asset def other_asset(users):     # ... update the other_asset table based on the 'users' table  my_group = AssetGroup(     assets=airbyte_assets + [other_asset],     resource_defs={"airbyte": my_airbyte_resource} )
In this example,
other_asset
is an asset that depends on the
users
table, which is one of the output tables from an Airbyte connection. The
users
argument in the
other_asset
function represents the dependency on the
users
table asset. When you define your asset, you can specify the dependencies by passing the required asset keys to the
deps
parameter. If you only want to depend on a single table, you would only include that specific table's asset key in the
deps
list. Keep in mind that the asset keys must match the keys of the Airbyte assets for the dependencies to be correctly established. If you have set a custom
asset_key_prefix
or used a custom function to define asset keys for your Airbyte assets, ensure that the keys you use in the
deps
parameter match those custom keys.